Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Best Friends and Basketball

This is the story of two best friends.

One was the new girl at school in 4th grade. The other had been there since Kindergarten and knew everyone. The new girl had blonde shiny hair and wore a cute jean jumper. She also tried to steal the established girl's crayons. At first, they were enemies. But soon, this happened.

Check out my sweet bangs.
Emily entered my life at 9 years old and has been my best friend ever since. She moved to Ohio (the worst state ever) in 8th grade, but we've remained close and always visit. (Let's be honest, she usually visits me. I hate Ohio and she fell in love with the South). 

We grew up in age and height, but always remained ridiculous and silly when were together. The way best friends should.

Thursday night, Emily is making her annual voyage to Raleigh for some much needed BFF time. I've been looking forward to this weekend for months. And then yesterday...

Yesterday we found out that our alma maters play each other in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament tomorrow night. Em went to Ohio University and I went to Carolina (duh). Em is a Carolina fan through and through but is understandably excited at her team's surprising run in the Tourney. She hasn't decided who she's going to pull for. She needs to soon - our 17 year friendship depends on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment