Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

It Finally Feels Good to be a Tar Heel Again

Let me start by saying, I'm so blessed. I've grown up a Tar Heel fan and have come to love everything about the athletics program, the school, the people. I've also become a little spoiled. Most of my life Carolina basketball has been pretty dominant. My freshman year at school I witnessed a National Championship and got to storm Franklin Street (I'm getting chills just remembering it) and the year after I graduated, we won the National Championship yet again (if only I had stayed five years). Carolina football has never been great, but it's always been fun. Fast-forward to this past year. Carolina basketball fails to make the NCAA Tournament. Carolina football is involved in an NCAA and academic (this turned out to be mostly nothing) scandal. It's been hard to be a Tar Heel fan lately.

The past couple of days though, I've felt those warm fuzzies coming back. The warm fuzzies I get when Shammond and TJ declare "I am a Tar Heel" and the warm fuzzies I get when singing the alma mater after a big win. Tuesday night, the bball boys headed to snow-covered Boston to take on BC. I was a little nervous about this game - ACC road games are always hard. We dominated the entire game and won by over thirty points. I haven't seen us play that well in a few years. We looked like a top five team, if not the top team in the nation. It was ridiculous. Harrison had 26, BOTH our point guards distributed well, everyone was on fire. It was SO nice to feel like we are back where we belong. I'm not naive and I know we've got a tough schedule coming up, but it's good to see the Heels playing to their full capability.

On the football front, yesterday was National Signing Day. We signed a top 15 recruiting class in the face of all the NCAA silliness. That is insane. I said it last year and I'll say it again - Miami on New Years?

Happy Thursday kiddos. I'm off to find a dress for Spring Football. :) Lovelovelove.

No comments:

Post a Comment