Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Hello, Perspective

Ok. I promise to post about Carolina Cake Balls and the Va. Tech game later, but some things trump food and football (gasp, I know, it is hard to believe and I can't believe I said it).

I have had a series of events lately that have been HUGE wake up calls. There is no denying that God is trying to tell me something (to realize how blessed I am, to lean on him and to stop sweating the small stuff, I think) and I'm so grateful for it.

I won't get into specifics for the sake of people's privacy, but there have been a couple scares in my life lately. They both have turned out to be nothing more than scares, but have provided ridiculous amounts of perspective.

In addition to those two scares, my brother is giving me the same much needed reality check.  He will be 9 on Friday. WHAT?! I remember the day he came home, the day I was the only one that could make him stop crying, the day I complained awkwardly about how starving I was to distract from the fact that I didn't know how to feel about getting a new brother the day before my 16th birthday.

I cannot believe he will be 9. He is starting to get this great little personality that makes me so proud of him. He's smart and funny and we have a bond that I cherish. His sense of humor kills me and I cannot imagine my life without him. I'm so grateful for my brother in my life.

Anyway, all this is to say there are way more important things than the things that stress us out day-to-day. And I have to believe that God really does have a plan for me. He's been trying to tell me to relax and appreciate all the blessings that I have - He will handle the rest. What an enormous gift to have such amazing friends and family AND be able to give all the little daily stresses to God. Life is good!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment