Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hodge Podge

I guess I should start by saying, GO HEELS!! My boys won the National Championship in rather dominating fashion. I'm going to miss this team. It makes me tear up just thinking about it.

Speaking of tearing up, my brother cried when the boys came back to the Dean Dome from Detroit. He was so confused. At seven you haven't really experienced many cries except selfish ones (ie I'm physically hurt, my feelings are hurt, I didn't get my way, etc) and so when he cried when the boys came home he didn't understand. I was sooooo proud of him. What else would I expect from the boy who got his first report card at age five and asked, in all seriousness, "Are these grades good enough to get into Carolina?" :)

I'm sick... which sucks. I think I have the flu. I stayed out of work yesterday. It was miserable. Every part of my body hurt. I could barely walk. Today I'm back at work with basically just a sore throat. It is a welcome reduction to the pain of yesterday. It's also kept me from running which is AWFUL considering my race is in a little over a week. I ran a quick mile on Tuesday. Yesterday I ran a mile with my brother at his school because he was so excited about it. I felt horrible and like I was going to die, but I'm glad it made him happy.

I'm all dopey on meds today and keep getting confused really easily -- which is not good when you struggle enough pre-meds. I am looking forward to going home and crawling in bed. Or maybe going on a walk, tanning, and then getting a free drink or two at Third Thursday....then crawling into bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment