Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Content :)

I lovelovelove those days when I feel an overwhelming sense of peace... today is definitely one of those days. It's ironic because I'm having a fat day (gross!) and I have absolutely no voice (thank you, laryngitis), but I'm feeling wonderfully, blissfully content. :)

I'm kind of getting used to this whole not talking thing. Normally, I am a talker. If I am privileged enough to call you one of my good friends, then this is nothing new to you. And let me just apologize now for the sometimes (often) incessant talking. This laryngitis is teaching me that it's nice to sit back and really listen and observe. Sometimes I get so caught up in myself and my emotions (trust me, emotional describes me on my most stoic of days) that I fail to put myself in other people's shoes. That is something I've been trying to work on, ESPECIALLY with people that I am very quick to ostracize or put down because of past history or our close relationship. I realize how unfair I have often been in that capacity and not being able to speak has only served to shed more light on the subject.

My race is Saturday. I was so excited that I actually trained for something and stuck with it... until I got sick. I've managed to walk almost everyday, but it's been about a week since I've run. My mom keeps suggesting I skip it and go to the beach, but something is telling me I have to go through with it. I'm debating training for next year's half marathon. One of my "to dos" in life is to set a goal that absolutely terrifies me. This 5k was a step, but a half marathon would be the ultimate terrifying feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment