Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma

My heart is in Oklahoma today. It seems like this year has been full of loss for our country - some intentional (Newtown shootings, Boston bombings) and some unintentional (Texas explosion, Oklahoma tornadoes).

The older I get, the more bone-chilling these things become. When I was a kid, I'm sure awful things happened, but I don't remember too many of them. I remember the ones that affected me personally, but not much else. And that's how it should be. It's not selfish or uncaring. Kids should be blissfully ignorant.

But now my heart hurts for so much pain in our country (and in the world - and for the fact that much of our country is ignorant to the pain happening in the rest of the world, but I digress). Every day my family and friends mean more to me. And while I'm not close to being ready to have kids, I know that I want them someday and I can't imagine the thought of losing a child, or anyone really, to something like this.

Praying, praying, praying for everyone in this world hurting to feel God's love and some small amount of peace and light in the midst of darkness. Everyone hug your families tonight. Cherish each moment. Wake up and be thankful for this amazing world we live in and every second of time we are given in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment