- Stop coughing. Ok. I know that sounds so weird. But somewhere along the line, I've picked up this weird habit of coughing for no reason. I do it at specific times/places throughout the day. As soon as I mentioned this to MG and Lauren, they both immediately cited instances they've seen me do this. So if you see me coughing, tell me to stop!
- Learn guitar. A long, long (long) time ago, I got an acoustic guitar for my birthday. I took a few lessons, but never really dedicated myself or practiced. Fourteen years later, said guitar is in the back of my closet. Thankfully, I have this really cool little brother who has been taking guitar (and drum, and piano - yeah he's basically superkid!) lessons for over two years. Last night Nicholas P gave me my first guitar lesson! While there were lots of laughs at his rhythmically-challenged big sister, we had the best time. He printed out tabs and worksheets for me and I can now (sort of) play Ode to Joy. Can't wait to bust that one out at a party.
- Run. Self-explanatory.
- Be brave. There are so many little baby things that I get myself all worked up into an anxious little tizzy about that don't deserve that much of my time and energy. This year I want to be confident, brave and bold in my decisions.
- Worship more. I touched on this before and while my private spiritual time is one of my favorite times ever (hello, peace! nice to see you), I am looking forward to finding a community to worship with as well.
- Judge less. Self-explanatory. And totally necessary.
- Make new friends. When you've lived in the same city your whole life (minus my jaunt in heaven aka Chapel Hill only 30 minutes away), it's easy to get stuck. I am so blessed to have an amazing group of friends, many of whom I've had close to my whole life. Sometimes though, I know that because of that I don't make the effort I should to make new friends, especially girlfriends. That is one of my big goals this year. (So call me and let's plan a friend date!!)
What is your #1 resolution for this year?