Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My 'Hood

I'm sort of obsessed with my neighborhood.

It's this weird combination of young professionals/hipsters/redone bungalows that now sell for $500,000+/families/older chatty people at the church nearby/you name it, we have it. In a word, it's perfect.



(I jest, but there really are a lot of hipsters. And now I eat kale. I fear what hipster tendencies I will have acquired in another year.)

I'm in an older bungalow (not one of the ones that is redone and would sell for $500,000+ ha!) and I love to sit on the front porch and people watch. People are constantly out walking, running, grilling, playing and biking. We have a little area with great coffee shops, a delish pizza place, a yummy brunch spot and cute antique shops all within a few minutes walk.

This morning I was taking my Christmas tree to the street (yeah, I'm a little late, I know) and a woman who was power-walking stopped to tell me, "killer shoes, girlfriend!" It made me smile as I got in my car for work.

On the way to work, I started thinking about how much my neighborhood reminds me of a microcosm of my favorite place on earth, Chapel Hill. (Side note: I'm not sure if anything can be a microcosm of such an already small place, but you get my drift). Both have amazing things in walking distance, everyone is always playing outside and both have the most random, eclectic, friendly group of people you've ever seen.

I'm such a lucky girl to have both places hold such big parts of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment