Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Things

First off, I'll start with the disclaimer that I did not take enough pictures during Christmas. You know when sometimes you're too busy hanging out with the people you love, stuffing your face, drinking all the wine and just generally loving life to take pictures? Yeah, that was me. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Friday: I got drinks with my friend Travis at the Bison. The trashiest bar ever, but it's .6 miles from my house. Then I ran into Marcus, Joe, Ryan and John which I guess says a lot about the level of class our group of friends share. And then I ran into half my high school which I guess says a lot about the level of class of Raleigh, in general. Oh well, it was a blast!

Saturday: I headed to the basketball game with my dad! We had a Coaches Circle event and chowed down on some biscuits before PJ achieved a career high. My dad has a weird bond with PJ because they went to the same high school, so he was happy. I was supposed to go to a friend's party after that, but I felt my throat getting scratchy and called it a night.

Sunday: Caroline, Meghan, Lauren and I had brunch at Meghan's house. We sipped mimosas and had a delicious spread of food. I love those girls! Lauren and I then headed over to her parents' house. Here is our official Christmas picture just for more people to say we look like a couple.


Monday was Christmas Eve! Lauren and I grabbed lunch and got Christmas cards for Joe. Here is the one I got him. It sings, too.

Also on Christmas Eve, two of my closest friends Ryan and Micaela got engaged. I'm so excited for them and so proud of Ryan for picking out this stunner of a ring. I didn't know he had it in him.

After that I headed to mom's and the festivities commenced. Every year we cook all of the fattening stuff and none of the stuff we don't want since it's just the two of us. That means massive leftovers. Which means dressing (I know, I know, I'm the only person in America who doesn't stay stuffing, but I'm not changing it, so get off  me) and macaroni and cheese for breakfast. Again, sorry I'm not sorry.




Christmas Day: Mom and I opened presents. She was way too generous! Some highlights: a new tv, Frye boots, clothes, glasses, books, the list goes on. She always spoils me. I gave her this painting I did of Tucker. She loved it!

After that, I headed to dad's where the generosity continued! Some highlights: a wine cooler, a Tory Burch bag, clothes and more. My brother and I gave my dad and Lisa awesome tickets to the Eric Clapton concert (thanks again, Joe) and they loved them!

Later in the day we headed to Po's to spend time with the family. It was a great afternoon! Christmas night I met up with some friends for drinks and to exchange presents. I racked up with a Clairisonic Mia, compression socks and more!

Yesterday I worked from home and was generally lazy to try to kick this cold. I'm at work for two days this week before heading to Charlotte Saturday morning for New Years! Joe moved there a few months ago and Marcus moves soon so they are looking forward to showing all of us their new city (and my new weekend hangout haha). 

I hope you all had wonderful Christmases filled to the brim with family, friends, fellowship, food, joy, laughter and peace! My house is still a mess from Christmas, but I'm making a conscious effort to remember what this season is truly about and enjoying every second of it. 

Love love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment