Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Getting old isn't THAT bad

Okay so I am the first to hop on the "Ughh I'm getting so old" bandwagon. I mean at 26, I already have to watch what I eat more than I used to, I recently lost the young alumni discount season ticket rate at Carolina and staying out until 2 a.m. is a mighty feat and can only happen once in a blue moon.

That being said, I've recently been reminded that getting old isn't all that bad. A few reasons:


  • Your friends are doing big things. It's so cool to see people you love getting into fields they love or getting out of fields they don't love to discover their next big thing. It's also cool when said friends can get you awesome lower level tickets to a concert you know your dad is dying to go to for the same price you would pay for nosebleed seats. (Okay, that got specific. Thanks, Joe!)
  • You actually get the whole endorphins from exercise thing and sometimes have the desire to workout just to feel good and not to fit into that dress you have to wear next week. (Though that's not to say I won't be increasing my mileage that week between Christmas and New Year's. A girl can feel good AND want to fit in her dress at the same time.) 
  • Christmas shopping is fun when you can buy the people you love the things you want to buy them. (Even if that means January and February are spent eating ramen noodles.)
  • You can say "I love you" at will. This is a big one for me. I'm one of those people that is full of love and has never ever had a problem saying it. I say it to the people I love like 50 times a day. That being said, not everyone was brought up the same way I was (Hi, Mom!) and therefore save that word for special occasions. I like that people aren't worried about being vulnerable or looking lame or feeling awkward as much now. 
  • You learn what's worth it and what's not. Worrying about some things (alright, most things) is just not worth the time, energy or stress it caused. Period. End of story.
I'll add more as I think of them. What about you? What are the things you like about getting old(er)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment