Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Monday (Close enough!) Morning Review

Last Wednesday my bball boys took the court against top-10 ranked Wisconsin in what was sure to be an epic game. It was a close game played by two dramatically different (but great) basketball teams, but we pulled out the victory. I'm sure it was my visit to Top O and the two Old Well whites I drank that helped.

Saturday we lost by one to #1 Kentucky in Kentucky. It was a great game all around that came down to the last few seconds. Down one we had the ball with time left. Henson went up for a shot and was blocked with four seconds left. Kentucky got the ball - we still had time to foul, but seem so confused by what just happened that we let time expire. Wish we had that one back.

I had a really great weekend overall though, despite the loss. It was the perfect combination of family, friends and me time.

Thursday (okay that's not really the weekend, but we'll count it) I went to my brother's Christmas show at school. He had a speaking role and all of the Christmas songs put me in the spirit. He also introduced me to his little buddy (the 4th graders get assigned a kindergartner that is their buddy) who may be the cutest thing in the world.
Okay, so my brother is devilishly handsome too, I know. :) 

Friday night a couple of friends came over and we decorated the Christmas tree. Unfortunately I only have a before picture, so use your imagination. I do have one of the mantle all done up and pretty though.

Christmastime!

Only $40 bucks for this 8 foot tree!
Saturday morning I got my hair cut! 7 inches off! Can you believe it? I really like it, minus the fact that I think it makes my face look fat. (Hence the weird expression).

Do you do this kind of thing in your office? 
After that I headed to mom's to eat pizza and watch the bball boys.
Ohh Capital Creations, you warm my heart (and tummy!)
After the game, I went to the grocery store and then got crafty with some Christmas centerpieces. Do you like?
Greenery, cranberries, distilled water and floating candles. So easy!
Sunday was spent at the bar because a certain TJ Yates has officially become the Texans starting quarterback and was starting his first game. Sorry I'm not sorry I told y'all how great he was ahead of time. I forgive you for doubting me. Check out this Bloody Mary from Barking Cow - complete with cheese stuffed olives, string cheese and bacon.

I don't like Bloody Marys but this made me want to.
Tonight it's back to Chapel Hill to watch the boys take on Evansville. God bless you 7:00 games that put me in bed at a decent hour and God bless you "not so great teams" that get me lower level seats as opposed to the upper level ones we have for most games. Yikes, I'm really not as spoiled as that just sounded. Always grateful to go to Chapel Hill no matter the time or seats. GO HEELS!



No comments:

Post a Comment