Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Catching Up...


Oh, y'all. I am all kinds of awful and have not updated in way too long. Please, please forgive me! I guess this post will be a mash-up of many things.

First and most importantly, my Heels tourney run is over. They did an amazing job and lost in the Elite 8 to Kentucky. Nobody expected this team to go as far as they did and I am so incredibly proud of them. I usually have this awful, sick-to-my stomach feeling after losing the NCAA, but this year all I felt was pride. This team is one of the most likeable teams I can remember and I'm so proud of them. I mean, just look at the picture above. How can you NOT love those faces? I'm hoping the fact that we didn't win it all means HB, Z and Henson will all be back next year. Can you imagine? If they all come back, we are probably pre-season favorites to win it all. Boys, thank you for an amazing season. I love each and every one of you.

On another basketball note, last Saturday was Dave Telep's Carolina Challenge. I've worked at the Challenge for about the past five years and it is always one of my favorite days of the year. While this year didn't have a John Wall (though many underclassmen seriously impressed me), this year's Challenge was one of my favorites yet. I saw kids with great character and that makes me smile.

Now that bball season is over (okay, I guess there is still that business of a National Championship, but with us and all other ACC teams out of it, I don't care tooooo much), it's time for football. In a week and a half, we'll be heading over to Craige to tailgate for Spring Football. I can't wait. I know it's going to be bittersweet without Teej, but I'm sure I'll manage. Now, here is the big question. Old football dress or new football dress. I really like my old football dress better, but should I freshen things up for a new season. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment