Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

(What's Supposed to Be) The Monday Morning Review

I'm so sorry this is late. Here it is, Thursday, and I'm just updating you on the weekend's events. My only excuse is this week has been absolutely insane, but in all honestly, the coming weeks don't provide much relief.

Last week was amazing. Daddy and I headed over to Chapel Hill and got an early lunch at Top O before the bball boys took on Kentucky. We had yummy food, sat on the heated patio and enjoyed my favorite beer (really the only beer I'd choose over wine) - Old Well White. It was perfect. I love those times with my dad. We then braced ourselves because Kentucky is very good and we already had three losses. But leave it to my Heels to surprise.

It was an awesome game - tight the whole time. Our boys ended up winning 75-73. We were so excited. We then walked out of the Dean Dome to ... wait for it ... snow! I had almost forgotten how absolutely stunning Chapel Hill is in the snow. A close win against a great team and snow in Chapel Hill - I was pretty smushy.

Sunday we got the news that the Heels would be facing Tennessee in the Music City Bowl! I'M SO EXCITED. BOWL GAME! I've already booked my flight and am getting a day off work (thanks to my awesome boss!) to fly there. We're staying at the Gaylord Opry which is apparently some huge complex. We're driving halfway back on New Years to spend NYE at the Grove Park. That makes me happy. With everything that's been going on, I think a NYE with the fam and some expensive champagne is just what my heart needs.

Last night the bball boys took on Evansville in Evansville for Tyler Zeller's homecoming game. Evansville was not very good, but we were pretty dominant and ended up winning 76-49. We play Long Beach St. Saturday evening.

Tonight my brother is one of the three Wise Men in his school's Christmas play. I'm very excited to see that and get in the Christmas spirit.

Happy Holidays and bowl game season, y'all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment