Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Morning Review (And Post #100)

Happy Monday, y'all! I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of spirit and ready to go! You know, it's funny. The nights when I have the most anxiety and pray for the most help are usually followed by the mornings of the most peace and renewal. I guess "funny" is not the word - more like faith. :)

Saturday evening Mom and I headed to watch the Heels take on Long Beach State at the Dean Dome. I was supposed to go with my brother, but he ended up having another obligation (quite the little socialite at 9 years old) and so dad gave me the tickets. First we went to Weathervane and had the.yummiest. apps and a glass of wine. I always forget about that place since Bansh and I haven't been around to have our brunch dates, but it is so underrated. I had a cup of potato/chorizo soup and butternut squash ravioli. Mom had polenta and vegetables. All delish.

We had the lower level seats for this game - so amazing. LD could tell I was that much closer to him and put on his best performance of the year with 13 pts and 8 assists. Also, TJ came out at halftime and got a much deserved ovation - quite the far car from his boos in the Dean Dome last year. Between those two, I was in heaven. :) We ended up winning a way, way too close game, 96-91. Now we take a week break for exams before facing Texas in Gboro next week. :)

On another note, this is my 100th post on this blog. :) I haven't really publicized this blog much (maybe that's something I'll start soon), but it has been such a great outlet for me, especially when I was at my old job and didn't get to write as much. I've grown so much in the past year and I feel like "Game Day!" has come along for the ride. From "A Perfect Mess" to "Game Day!" this blog has gone through a bit of transformation, but I hope it has retained some core characteristics.

I hope it has remained honest.
I hope it has remained interesting.
I hope it has put an emphasis on expanding and growing without forgetting where it started.

Looks like my blog and I have a lot in common. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment