Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Grateful

You know when you have those moments when you realize how incredibly blessed you are? Whether it's a specific event that causes the realization or one of those times when you just feel an overwhelming sense of peace - it's so important to be grateful. I realize this would be a good Thanksgiving post, but its on my mind now and I figure we should be grateful all year round, not just at Thanksgiving, right? So here goes.

I am grateful for:
  • The absolute most incredible family in the world. Okay, so it's definitely not the most traditional family and there have been some hard times, but I would not change one single thing. To be as close to both your parents as I am is an incredible blessing and I wouldn't be anywhere in this world without them (literally, of course, but I mean more metaphorically). I'm Mama's best friend and Daddy's little girl and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a ridiculously awesome brother who is finding new ways to make me proud everyday (including, but not limited to, early morning game day texts). I have a stepmom that makes even ordinary events seem fun. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are all incredibly cool. So blessed.
  • Carolina. Even if you take sports out of the equation, there is no place I feel more sublimely happy than Chapel Hill. And once you add sports, well, game over (no pun intended). Chapel Hill has been in my heart since I was a baby, but it means even more to me since I graduated. I literally feel a weight lifted off of me when I am in Chapel Hill. Everyone should be so lucky to have a place that makes them feel the way Chapel Hill makes me feel. So blessed.
  • A job I love. Sometimes I literally have to pinch myself. I get to do public relations for the best jewelry store ever. (I know it's my job to say that, but I was a customer prior to the job). Some days I find myself writing about the latest designer line or playing Santa and giving away jewelry and I can't believe I got so lucky. So blessed.
  • Amazing friends. You know, friendship is a funny thing. Growing up changes friendships in a way that at first really frightened me. You don't always talk as much and people you considered your best friends move on with their lives. But then there comes a moment when you realize the coolest part - these people are more "there" for you than they ever were before. Yes, we all grow up and move on with our lives, but I've come to learn that if I ever needed any of these people they'd be there in a heartbeat. And that's what friendship is really all about, isn't it? So blessed.
  • Sports. I really don't know how people cannot like sports. There is so much raw emotion behind them and so many great storylines. Picking a favorite player (love you Teej!), a clutch shot to win a game, a kickoff return for a touchdown - these are some of the great moments in life. Not to mention, game day dresses. Go HEELS! So blessed.
  • North Carolina weather. How fortunate are we to experience all four seasons, but none of them too harshly? So blessed.
  • Food. Obviously, I'm grateful for food on a purely sustenance level, but as I've grown up I've come to appreciate the ingredients in food and love experimenting in the kitchen. So blessed.
  • And some more: Walking into a warm sunny spot on a chilly day, the peace that passeth understanding, pretty dresses, good books, fashion magazines, wine, girly tv, a good night's sleep, meeting a goal, writing.
Don't forget to take a little minute to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment