Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Run for our Heroes

Happy Monday, kiddos! How was your weekend?

On Saturday, I participated in the "Run for our Heroes," a 5k downtown to honor Raleigh's fallen police officers. It's one of my favorite 5ks and this is the third year I've done it. 

This year I was lucky enough to have my friend Emily run it with me! She hasn't been running and managed to run the entire time without walking! She finished in just under 36 minutes and I'm so proud of her. I know there is no way I could run an entire 5k without having some sort of running base. She is a rock star!



And... I PRed! Y'all know I am super super slow so this time will not impress anyone but me - I finished in 30:39 (an average pace of 9:51 - whoa!!) I'm actually claiming a few seconds faster because I could not get out of the crowd to start. (Maybe I would have gotten sub-30?) I kept looking at my Garmin and getting frustrated when it showed a 14:00 pace. Disperse, crowd! Homegirl is trying to PR!



I definitely pushed myself, but I'm so glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment