Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Distracted from Countdown

Y'all, I am so sorry that I got distracted from this countdown, but Thursday afternoon we found out that the football boys were involved in an academic scandal. The word is a tutor wrote papers for some of the team - names being thrown around are basically all of our NFL prospects on D. In turn, I have been distracted reading the boards and trying to figure out who will be on the field Saturday in ATL. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

The University held a press conference Thursday night to tell us that there was an ongoing investigation involving academic improprieties. Thorp began the press conference with the words, "If you love this University, then I'm sorry for what I'm about to tell you." And that's when I lost it. Sobbing. Everywhere.

Saturday was Meet the Heels. I didn't know what the atmosphere would be like going in, but it turned out to be a great time. We went to Top O first and had some Old Well Whites. Then I got pictures with Teej and Deunta at Meet the Heels.

We have no idea who will be playing in Atlanta, but whether its Bruce Carter or the little Broughton walk-on I will be cheering like crazy in my football dress. GO HEELS, see you Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment