Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Revamping of the Blog

Over the past few days I have been giving "A Perfect Mess" a much needed makeover. I have played with it graphically and edited much of its content. The blog had become too much of a personal journal for me and while getting my thoughts and feelings out is important, that is the purpose of the 2-3 notebooks I fill up each month, not of this blog. While you will still probably see the occasional musing regarding my love life (or lack thereof) or social life, especially when I feel it applies to a greater message or a common good, I am going to attempt to leave the daily drama out. No room for that here. This is a happy, thoughtful place. :)

The inspiration for the title came from a Red Hot Chili Peppers Song, "Tearjerker." (If you've never heard of it, go.listen.immediately. Breathtaking. Seriously.) The song says, "She was standing backstage in a dress, a perfect mess." The sentiment is so beautiful -- that something can be a huge mess, yet still perfect. I think there is a little bit of a perfect mess in all of us. I know the term describes me. And this blog. Sports and fashion are my two passions, a combination that is unlikely, and in turn a bit messy.

When deciding on a picture for the title, I first thought of Helena Bonham Carter (Marla, from Fight Club). Marla is a giant mess in so many ways, yet I've always found her so incredibly intriguing and beautiful. I then decided she was too obvious a choice. Marla is definitely a mess, but she is a mess in the most blatant, observable way. Her clothing is dishevled, she attempts suicide, she attends cancer support groups to feel better about herself... definitely a mess. I then decided on Audrey Hepburn because I wanted to show the perfect mess in all of us. Hepburn is stunning, but had a life full of ups and downs, critiques and compliments, just like the rest of us. (She's also one of my idols, but that didn't affect my decision at all obviously.) I also thought this was a fun picture of her, a bit messy, a far cry from her usually prisitine appearance.

So welcome to the new "A Perfect Mess." Here's to accepting and embracing the mess within each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment