Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

So it's pretty much obligatory to write some sort of 2014 post. I have a good feeling about 2014. I'm not really setting resolutions, but have a few goals/words in mind that I want to focus on this year. 

Namely:
-more joy.
-more peace.
-less guilt.
-simplify.

That's all. I've spent way too much of my life stressing about things that don't matter in the grand scheme of things and feeling guilty for things I shouldn't feel guilty for (case in point: I found myself feeling guilty about the number of days I got off work for Christmas - not extra days or anything - just the days when my company was closed.) I want to have more joy and peace (that comes from trusting God!) and share that with my loved ones too. Oh and I want to love the heck out of said loved ones.

As far as specifics, I don't have anything too definite in mind. I'd love to keep up my running and increase my distance. I'd love for 2014 to be the year of the house - aka the year I find the house I want to buy and actually get it (2013 was the year I fell in love with a house, put three different offers on it and still didn't get it. But now I get this whole house buying process a little better and I'm ready) I'd like to travel more. Even just some long weekends would be lovely. 

That's all I got. Happy 2014, y'all. 

Oh and WAR DAMN EAGLE tonight. (Yeah, I know. I'm the weirdest mix of fan ever because I genuinely like Alabama and Auburn. My grandfather loved Alabama and my grandmother went to Auburn. And generally, I'm not a Florida St. fan even though I think the ACC needs this. End weird sports rant.)

No comments:

Post a Comment