Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

September Goals

I cannot believe it's September. I'm sort of confused about how I feel about this. I lovelovelove summer. But I didn't take a lot of trips this summer which means I still have vacation days to use before the end of the year which may make me lovelovelove fall. But while I adore football and Thanksgiving, I'm not really on the whole pumpkin bandwagon (please, don't shoot). I think I'm one of those weird people who honestly likes something in every season. Call me an optimist.

Anyway, it's time to create some new September goals. But first, let's review August's.

1. Pick up running again. I took some time off (oh hey 100 degree summer in N.C.), but I'm ready to get back into it. I went on a short run last night and remembered that sometimes, I really don't hate running. I'm not going for anything crazy. Just back up to 5K status.
Yes - I've started running again! Nothing serious, but it's a start.

2. Save money. This is always a goal.
No - I didn't do a particularly great job at saving, but I did come into some money to put into savings. Weird, I know.

3. Get house projects done. I've still got to paint a coffee table, a bench, set up my new tv, get some rocking chairs and get the backyard in order.
Yes! I've painted the coffee table and bench, set up my new tv, got the rocking chairs and cleaned up the backyard. Good job on this one, Linds.

4. Have some fun. As Po told me the other day when I was worried about turning the number I will turn in 8 days, "You're young. You're beautiful. Have fun. Be crazy. Worry about being old in 30 years. And then you still won't be old. Listen to your grandmother."
Yes!

5. Work on starting a small catering business. This has been a goal for a while, but not a very realistic one while sharing a kitchen. Now that I'm in my own house, I can move this back up the priority list.
No. Need to work on.

6. More yoga.
Fail. Didn't go to one class in August. 

7. Make time for girlfriends. Until recently, a good percentage of my friends have been guys. And I love that. Those boys are my brothers and I know they will be for the rest of my life. But I've gotten closer to some pretty awesome girlfriends lately. It's time to do some of the things the boys always make fun of me for doing (wine nights etc).
Yes! Hosted a couple of wine nights with my favorite girls.

8. Be kind. Always. No matter what.
Hopefully this is true!

9. Put together some ridiculously awesome tailgate outfits. And recipes. Go Heels.
First tailgate went great. Next, looking forward to ECU in a couple of weeks!

And for September:

1. Take more pictures! I have a wedding this weekend - perfect opportunity.
2. Get back to 5k status.
3. Be grateful. And keep things in perspective. Janie's accident has reinforced this more than ever.
4. Cherish family and spend time with them.
5. Save money. Still. Always.
6. Plan a trip/Vacation days.
7. Up strength training.
8. Spend time in fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment