Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Faith Unmatched

I know, I know. Once again I have fallen off the blog wagon. I'm sorry. Life has been life and hasn't left much time for blogging.

I did want to take a minute to tell you all about one of my dear friends. I was lucky enough to have a girl named Mary Norris as my intern a few semesters back. She was a great worker, always positive and most importantly, loved her Carolina sports. Carolina students are known for loving their basketball team, but their football team, not so much. Mary Norris and I love both and would talk sports constantly. She is genuinely one of my favorite people.

A couple of weeks ago Mary Norris' sister, Janie, was in a horrible car accident. She is in a medically induced coma and every day is a struggle. But somehow, throughout it all that family has remained incredibly faithful and positive. Mary Norris' mom, Emily, writes a blog that touches my heart and soul in all the right places. She speaks of her relationship with God and how he is getting them through this difficult time. In the midst of tragedy and stress, her faith, the whole Fountain family's faith, has not wavered once. They are incredible.

And they also serve as a huge reminder. While I'm complaining about my bad night's sleep last night, or how much work I have to do, or what a mess my house is because I was lazy all weekend, Janie is in a coma and no one is complaining. Sure they are upset and sad and terrified, but they are still giving it all to God, praising him and thanking him. What a perspective check.

I do have a favor to ask. If you are a religious person, please please pray for Janie and the entire Fountain family. If you aren't, good thoughts will help too. Janie is only 18 and I know God has huge, awesome plans for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment