Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Growth Through Blogs

Time is a funny thing. You know that it passes and you know that you change, but it's really hard to tell in what ways, when and how. I was thinking about this the other day when I realized that I can actually track some of my personal changes/growth through the blogs that I read.

The first blog I came across was a very personal, emotional blog - mostly about relationships. I was ending high school and starting college and drama appealed to me. Not to say this person's blog was dramatic, but... well, actually it was. And little 17/18 year old Lindsay ate it up. I loved it. I read every line with that "Oh my gosh, I can totally relate" feeling.

Now, I stay away from those blogs. There is definitely a time and place for them (try my  high school!), but they bore me now. I've learned that it's okay to be happy. It's okay to be content. Things don't have to be super high or super low all the time. It exhausts me just thinking about that crazy emotional roller coaster.

Most of the blogs I read now are healthy living blogs. I also read lots of foodie blogs and some fashion and interior design blogs. As well as a few faith-based ones. I know that doesn't really seem important, but it shows me that I've grown from that dramatic place of extreme highs and lows to knowing who I am and what interests me. And that...that makes me extremely happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment