Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Literary Inspiration...

I have been reading a new book, Grace (Eventually) by Anne Lamott,  and have been touched by some of the quotes in it.

"See, sometimes, if you're lucky, you get to a point where you're sick of a problem, or worn down by tinkering with it, or clutching to it. And letting it go, maybe writing it down and sending it away, buys you some time and space, so maybe freedom and humor sneak in -- which is probably what you were praying for all along." 

Goodness gracious, how true and how powerful!

"These are the words I want on my gravestone: that I was a helper and that I danced."


I'd add one more: that I thought with my heart. It's one of my biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, but it is who I am.

"Perhaps everything terrible is, in its deepest being, something that needs our love."


I believe this 2,000,000 percent.

I'm so grateful for the ability of other's words to touch my heart. Reading is such a gift!

What books/quotes from books have spoken to you? I'd love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment