Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Month Challenge: Be Present

In reading another blog, I came across the idea to challenge myself to live in the present, all the time, at every moment, for one month.

This will be hard for me. This will be hard for me not because I do a terrible job of living in the present, in fact, I'm pretty good at it. This will be hard for me because I am pretty good at living in the past, present and future. Let me clarify.

I think I have moments where I am awesome at living in the present. Seriously. I can't count the number of times I have told everyone around me to be quiet because this is the kind of moment that I love. I'm pretty good at that. Those moments often include wine and music, sometimes include basketball and sleep, but always include good people.

I also am awesome at living in the past and the future. I constantly dwell on the past, how much I miss college, how much I miss my relationship, etc. I also am always planning for the future imagining how I'll have a big house  with columns and hydrangeas and worrying that I'll have no one to share it with.

During this month I want to take the emphasis from the past and future and place them on the present. Help keep me accountable, readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment