Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

All Over the Place Run

Last night I went on a quick two mile run (I know, I didn't follow my schedule, but it all evens out). I was seriously debating it because the weather was iffy, but I have this weird phobia that if I wait too long between runs I will lose all of my conditioning and won't be able to run a quarter mile. It had been six days since my last run, so I threw on my tights and Carolina sweatshirt (ALWAYS a proud Tar Heel despite Sunday's loss) and headed out down Whitaker Mill.

The run itself was a good one, but my pace was ALL OVER THE PLACE. Seriously. I could not settle in at a normal steady pace. At one point, I looked down at my Garmin and it was at a 13:00 pace! 13:00?!? Was I walking?! And I didn't even feel like I was going slow. A few minutes later I looked down and I was at a 7:10 pace! 7:10?! For me that is unheard of, seriously.

It all evened out to about 10:00 miles, but what a weird run!

No comments:

Post a Comment