Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kale

I wanted to hate it, y'all, I really did.

I've read about a trazillion times how good for you it is and I bit the bullet and ordered it in my Papa Spuds delivery. Knowing it was going to take more than some raw kale for me to like it, I researched recipes. I decided on two: kale pesto and kale chips.

And they were both delicious.

Now, I have to say, I think they are more delicious because of the other ingredients. I mean, the pesto is basically a whole head of roasted garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil and some kale. The kale chips are kale leaves slathered in sea salt, parmesan cheese and olive oil, baked crispy. So yes, I'm adding tons of calories to a basically calorie-free food, but I figure kale pesto still gets some of those amazing kale nutrients in in my system when I use pesto on sandwiches all the time and kale chips are better than real chips.

The older I get, the more hippy dippy I get, I swear. Isn't it supposed to be the reverse?


No comments:

Post a Comment