Here are my goals for August:
1. Pick up running again. I took some time off (oh hey 100 degree summer in N.C.), but I'm ready to get back into it. I went on a short run last night and remembered that sometimes, I really don't hate running. I'm not going for anything crazy. Just back up to 5K status.
2. Save money. This is always a goal.
3. Get house projects done. I've still got to paint a coffee table, a bench, set up my new tv, get some rocking chairs and get the backyard in order.
4. Have some fun. As Po told me the other day when I was worried about turning the number I will turn in 8 days, "You're young. You're beautiful. Have fun. Be crazy. Worry about being old in 30 years. And then you still won't be old. Listen to your grandmother."
5. Work on starting a small catering business. This has been a goal for a while, but not a very realistic one while sharing a kitchen. Now that I'm in my own house, I can move this back up the priority list.
6. More yoga.
7. Make time for girlfriends. Until recently, a good percentage of my friends have been guys. And I love that. Those boys are my brothers and I know they will be for the rest of my life. But I've gotten closer to some pretty awesome girlfriends lately. It's time to do some of the things the boys always make fun of me for doing (wine nights etc).
8. Be kind. Always. No matter what.
9. Put together some ridiculously awesome tailgate outfits. And recipes. Go Heels.
Happy August, kiddos. What goals are you working toward this month?