Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Today is my two year anniversary at work! I can't believe it's been two years. It seems like yesterday I was  gathering up the strength to quit my old job and now I've been here for two years. It's been an AMAZING two years. Not only do I get to do what I love all day (write), but more importantly I have met some of the most fabulous people ever. Here are a few lessons I've learned in my time here.

1) Don't be so scared. Your ideas are valid. No one cares about your age as long as you have something valuable to say.

2) There are amazing people out there. I have the most incredible clients in the world. I have some that I even consider extended family.

3) Jewelry is fun. :)

4) The amount I've grown up between 21 and 25 (yes, the next number is less than two weeks away, but I'm  ignoring it) is astounding. That being said, I still love to talk Bachelorette, tailgating and Greek life drama with my interns. They keep me young! 

5)  Nothing is that serious. As a PR practitioner, I've had to handle a few crisis situations. I've learned (from experience and from clients) how to handle those calmly and with grace AND to remember what is truly important in life. 

Here's to more lessons to come in the next few years. Happy Friday, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment