Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Oh, Hi

I always say I'm done with this blog and then months pass and I get the desire to write again. Not for work, not for the groups I'm involved with...just for myself.

It's the Monday after Christmas, so work is a little slow. We've had a really great year this year and I feel so lucky to be able to play such an important role in it all.

Christmas was perfect. Mom and I did our usual EAT ALL THE BAD THINGS dinner which was magical and honestly, I'm still living off of. Eating better starts in the new year. We made a chipotle butter turkey and it was bomb. And dressing. You know dressing holds the key to my heart. I'd marry it if I could. Mostly, though, the night was perfect because it's just one of my favorite times with my mom. We're very lucky to see each other a lot (like 4 or 5 times a week), which is great because she's my favorite person.

Christmas Day was spent at my dad's with that side of the family. Nikki's little boys Reese and Ryder are adorable and bring a new energy to Christmas. Po was looking radiant as usual. Then MG and I did our Christmas, which was low-key and wonderful. I'm a lucky girl in so many ways.

Two semi-big (at least to me) updates in my world.

1. I got a dog in June! Not sure if I ever wrote about that. He actually showed up at a family friend's doorstep and she kept him for a while, but it was a lot with two other dogs. When she heard I was looking, it worked out perfectly. His name is Willie (I thought about changing it, but it suits him now) and he's the most magical dog ever. He's this weird combination of redneck and British in my mind and I'm obsessed with him. He is very wild on a leash (I actually call him Wild or Wild Willie just as much as I call him Willie), but he's so sweet and we are besties.

2. I ran a half marathon! That's probably one of the things I'm most proud of in my life up to this point. I did all of the training (4 runs each week) and finished without any issues on November 1! I wasn't going for time since I'm the slowest person on the planet and really just wanted to cross the line without an ambulance being called, but was actually pretty happy with my 2:17 time. I'm debating another one. I got a little tired of having to run four times a week, but I really enjoyed getting better and the feeling of crossing the finish line was one of the best in my life.

That's all for now. Wishing everyone a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment