Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

HI!!

Remember me? My guess is no. I've been so incredibly MIA lately. I started a new job in the middle of July, so I have been really diving in and learning the ropes here. (Note on that: leaving RRC was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I cried like a baby in Rick's offices, but it was a decision that I had to make for my career and personal growth. One of those times that sometimes you need to do the thing that scares you, you know?)

Other than that, life has been normal and great. I'm really making a conscious effort to enjoy every minute of this life, not just count down until the weekends. Part of that time includes scheduling time with my favorite people - lunches, after work, weekends, etc. Last Monday I got to hang out with two of my favorite girls from Bailey's. We had wine at Vivace and caught up on life. So much fun. I forget how good those two are for my soul. On Wednesday, three of my best friends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We had a blast. I am so so blessed.

Thursday I had my first big media event for work. It went really well! And Friday was my birthday! I arrived to a plant, balloon and Chik-fil-a on my desk and later we had cookie cake! I have some great co-workers! I worked until 1:30 (we have summer hours at my new job!) and then went with mom for a mexican lunch, pedicure, cake and presents. She spoils me soo much! She is the greatest mom ever.

MG and Hobbes came into town for my birthday and that night MG and I headed to the new beer shop/bar in Five Points. So much fun! We then met Emily at Mellow Mushroom and then all had a sleepover at my house because the next day we headed to the lake bright and early. My dad, Lisa and Nicholas were waiting on us and we had an incredible day of relaxing on the relaxation station (y'all's favorite thing ever!!), beer and sunshine. My brother even played a concert for us! On Sunday we went out on the boat and I (sort of) got up on the real skis. I've been using little kids training skis up to this point - the skis are tied together so your legs stay in a straight line.

Things have been great and I promise to be a better blogger now. Also, I'll update with pictures later, but wanted to get something out to you guys while I had a second!

What's been new in your worlds??

No comments:

Post a Comment