Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday (Close enough!) Morning Review

The Tar Heels won our game against Vermont on Friday rather handily which advanced us to the next round to play Creighton on Sunday.

Unfortunately, I had to work during the game. I literally work one Sunday a year for an event one of my clients puts on and it was at the exact same time as the Carolina game. Le sigh, right? Fortunately, the company's management is a group of Carolina fans so we all checked my phone for updates regularly.

This was Henson's first game back and from what I understand, he got a technical that really fired up the team. We won 87-73 to advance to the Sweet Sixteen. We play Friday against Ohio University (more on that later).

My mom sent me a few texts about how Creighton played dirty, but I didn't think much of it.

I didn't think much of it until I saw tweets saying that Kendall Marshall had fractured his wrist. I think Roy said it best a few weeks ago when he said, "No team has one player that is indispensable. But if we do, it's Kendall Marshall."

Kendall is the heart of our team. With Dexter out for the season, we don't have a very experienced backup. Kendall is second in assists in the country and our only experience ball-handler.

He had surgery this morning and his status is unknown for Friday's game.

The one thing that this awful turn of events has shown me is what an incredible guy Kendall is. I listened to his post-game interview last night and all he could talk about was how excited he was to be in the Sweet 16 and how much he loved his teammates. He is exactly the kind of person I want representing my University.

No comments:

Post a Comment