Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Girls Weekend at the Beach

This past weekend my mom rented a house down at Ocean Isle for President's Day Weekend.  It was a big house full of girls complete with my mom, her three sisters, my cousin and her friend and me! We had a great time.

I got there late Friday evening after a crazy day at work and was immediately greeted with a glass of wine.

I woke up to this amazingness Saturday morning.

Oh beach, I love you ridiculous amounts.

Saturday ended up being close to 70 degrees and gorgeous - gotta love NC winters - so we went shopping at the outlets early to ensure we'd have enough time to hit the beach.

Y'all, I used to hate the beach. Well, not hate it, but when I was little I'd have to take a shower and change bathingsuits every time a grain of sand touched me. I also was semi-allergic to the sun and the ocean, so the beach just wasn't my cup of tea.

Fast forward to today. I love, love, love the beach. I'm not quite so sun-sensitive (though, my lilly white skin does require a healthy helping of sunscreen) and if I get sand on me, I just jump in the ocean. Saturday afternoon looked like this.

In other words, perfection.
Around 4, I headed in to watch my boys beat up on Clemson much to the dismay of the my Clemson-cheering aunts. The rest of the night was a relaxing one with Scrabble and movies.

I lost this game to mom by 4. I was so mad.
It was a much needed, perfect, relaxing weekend with some of my favorite people in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment