Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I believe...

I was reading another blog today and she mentioned a series called "I believe" that was on NPR. She wrote her own and I thought I'd do the same. Thanks for the inspiration. :)


I believe that family is not only who we share blood with, but also those we would shed blood for. For that reason, I will forever be a believer in adoption, both literally and metaphorically.

I believe in forever love. Love that won't go away even when we want it to.

I believe in princesses and fairy tales and all things magical.

I believe that icecream and a rum and (DIET) coke (together or separately) really can change a bad day.

I believe that divorce/betrayal is the worst thing one can experience.

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. And a third. And a fourth. People can change. And if you see a little bit of yourself in everyone, how can you ever pass judgment on anyone?

I believe that the outfit you wear to a football game CAN affect the outcome. For that reason, wearing dirty clothes is okay for Football Saturdays if your team is on a winning streak.

I believe in the power of prayer. "Letting go and letting God" is the most powerful lesson I've learned in my twenty three years on this Earth.

I believe that fashion can change the world and unite people from all corners.

I believe in less judgment, more grace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment